Wednesday, October 20, 2010

For Locals--Estate Sale this weekend!

For everyone nearby, there is an estate sale this weekend at 4316 South Elmview
Springfield, MO 65804 running Thursday through Saturday from 8 AM till 3 PM. As usual, this is a cash only sale, but they will hold items for 30 minutes so you can go grab some cashola. Check out pictures, get a map, and see a description of many of the items here.

Additionally, there are two others sales this weekend in Kansas City and Carthage.

The one in Carthage has oodles of things I love to buy from estate sales. I'm talking retro, vintage pieces of furniture, shoes, jewelry, clothing. I think I'll send my mother and see if she can find any steals!

On the estatesales.net homepage you can also sign up to receive email notifications [like I do] about upcoming sales in our area.

*A note about estate sales. I only post sales that are done by professional companies. I know I may miss some that are posted on craiglist or in the newspaper, but I have found that while there may be legitimate estate sales most of those not done by a company are honestly mostly garage sales. People include the phrase "estate sale" because it attracts people to the sale, even if it shouldn't really be listed as such. I've gotten up early and been disappointed to find a few tables of items on someone's lawn instead of the whole house of goods I was expecting to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment