Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Look for Nightstands


The nightstands in our bedroom were looking a little tired. Rightly so, since they are the same nightstands my sister-in-law had when she was a little girl. Wes brought them with him to college and now they sit on either side of our bed. As part of my bedroom redo, I wanted to change the nightstands. Without a budget for new ones (or a desire really, because they function very well), I opted to paint them out. I kept the inside and top the natural wood because I quite like how the finish has worn away to create sort of a zebra effect. The grey is the same color I used in the bathroom "wallpaper" finish. It's also going to be used on a few more cabinets in the house, making it well worth the purchase. Instead of using a handle for my dresser, I recycled some of the knobs we replaced in the kitchen. I used two instead of one to keep myself from filling old holes and drilling a new one. The stacked books keep our lamps a little taller: a request from Wes.

No comments:

Post a Comment