Friday, January 28, 2011

Estate Sale Finds

This morning I made it to the Clay Estate Sale here in Springfield. It was packed with kitchen items, vintage purses (I don't need another one of those!), and some great furniture. I resisted the urge to buy two cane back sixties era chairs because, well, I don't need them. I did find a few great retro items. I picked up the white serving plate because of the beautiful detailed edge. It reminds me of old lace. Since I already have one very similar, I think I will pass it on as a wedding present. The bread pan caught my eye with it's glittering geometric metal. Though it might never be baked in again, I can see it gleaming set on a shelf in someone's kitchen. The coin purse was floral and fun. I also bought a hand towel (not pictured) to hang in my bathroom. The items I'm really pleased about are the two sets of vintage coasters: one set of 6 menacing looking owls and one set of 4 flirty fish. I plan to clean these up and sell them on my Etsy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment