Monday, August 9, 2010

Hall Bathroom Gets Painted Wallpaper

I relish finding out what my friends' houses look like. I think it's such a literal insight into their personalities and preferences. My husband Wesley and I recently purchased our first home together and spend a good chunk of our time (hmm..."our" time sometimes means my time or time that I ask him to do things for me) decorating, organizing, and sprucing it up. Here's a hint into our hall bathroom. The walls are a soft dove gray. I love love love wallpaper but hanging it in our bathroom would be expensive and labor intensive. We also don't plan on living here for more than 5 years, so decorating just to suit our own wildly personal tastes isn't going to fly when it comes time to re-sell. My solution? Paint on a pattern. I found my inspiration from, of all things, a pair of underwear I recently purchased. You can see I'm using only two colors. I'll fill you in with a "How To" when the project nears it's finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment