Wednesday, August 11, 2010

West Elm

I usually don't like getting e-mails from stores, but today I was happy to open and explore one sent by West Elm, a home store that offers a lot of items that jive with my style. The e-mail was announcing, specifically, new duvets in several prints and colors. A duvet is pretty much a huge pillow case but instead of stuffing a pillow inside, you stuff your comforter instead. It started my wheels turning about getting a duvet this winter for my bedroom. I love dreaming of chilly winter nights cuddled up with layers and layers of blankets and hot chocolate. A duvet (pronounced due-vay without the "t" just like ballet) is also such a nifty way to make a bedroom feel fresh and new, without spending the money on a whole new bedspread. Mind you, the duvets at West Elm cost what I would spend on a new bedspread (a queen size will run you $60 - $100). Maybe that's a steal for some, but not really for me. I might have to splurge though, or ask for one for Christmas. Making your own isn't hard. Some sites suggest using two flat sheets while others, like the plan here from Design*Sponge, opt to use fabric instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment