Monday, November 29, 2010

Bedroom Makeover

Over the Christmas holiday (mine is longer as a full time student) I will be swapping the craft room and master bedroom. When we first moved into our three bedroom house, it didn't occur to me that we should pick any room other than the largest for our master bedroom. After about six months, I'm realizing how much extra space there is around my bed and how squinched our combo craft room-guest bedroom has become. In our new master bedroom I'm going for a vintage-cozy-chic-farmhouse in the mountains-worn quilt sort of vibe. This gray and yellow pallet fits well. It also takes advantage of the gray coverlet we already have. I'll be making my own version of the West Elm duvet but in negative. I have some large white sheets that I'll be printing with an antiqued gold in a similar pattern then sewing up into a quick duvet cover (Hint: future post). Our old nightstands (from Wesley's parents) will get a fresh coat of paint on the bottom and a dark stained top similar in style to the table above from the Miss Mustard Seed blog. The walls need to be painted, but other than that, the room will mostly be things I already have just in a different room. I made sure to take a "before" picture and will be excited to post the before and after photos in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment