Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chalkboard Paint in the Kitchen

My husband Wes recently built a cabinet that provides extra storage and counter top space for our kitchen. The side that faces our open-to-the-kitchen living room and dining room needed a little something. Since we entertain frequently, I decided to use chalkboard paint to make it fun yet utilitarian. I bought Folk Art chalkboard paint in Slate Gray from Amazon. An 8 ounce jar cost about $10. I had to use three coats instead of the two recommended to get a really good coating on my cabinet. Be sure and sand your surface well before painting. I use my chalkboard to keep an updated list of all of the soda we have in house. We literally buy 15 cases of soda when it's on sale, so we have a lot of variety to offer to all of our guests. This list makes it well known what we have to offer instead of having to ramble off ten different sodas each time someone asks what we have to drink. Write the evening menu, grocery list, or the daily chores on your kitchen chalkboard or use it as a drawing station for your kids or guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment