Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cheery Front Door


I know, I know. I haven't written a post in a long time. You know how it goes. Sometimes school, work, and life just get you busy. I have been busy around the house, so look forward to several posts with changes in The Robinson House, which is known to us and our friends as The Homestead. Our front door was a lackluster white when we moved in. I painted it a vivid blue and decided to add some embellishment. I used Plaid's Stiffy Fabric Stiffener (purchased at Michael's) and this idea from How About Orange to create a simple giraffe and welcoming message.



Just apply the fabric stiffener with a brush to your fabric of choice. Let it dry completely then cut out your shape or letters. Iron on your images to a painted surface and enjoy. The fabric does peel off fairly easily, but I found it left a bit of a spot on the wall where I first tested it. It didn't discolor the paint, but I can definitely see the area on my craft room wall where I ironed my first fabric.
If you are planning on painting your own front door, be sure to use some polyurethane around the edges so your paint doesn't come off when the door is opened and closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment