Monday, April 18, 2011

Glass Pitchers

I have a soft spot in my heart for things of yesteryear, including storing goods in glass containers. One of my favorite and most used Christmas presents from last year are these glass jugs from King Arthur Flour Company (I'm brewing some tea in one as I type!). I mostly use them for tea, but since the lid seals so tightly, I can transport juice to a picnic and know it won't spill on the way. Both sizes are compact enough to fit inside my fridge door. The glass is thick and heavy and fills me with nostalgia. Sometimes I even pour juice or milk out of their plastic cartons and into these jars. It just looks so special and wonderful, even if I'm the only one who seems them inside my fridge. Crate and Barrel has similar jugs, but I cannot vouch for their quality.

PS. Upon reading the King Arthur website, I see they don't recommend using these containers for brewing tea because "the boiling water may cause the glass to crack." I haven't had any troubles.

1 comment: