Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mystery Item Mirror

Not long after we moved into our house, I hung a large round mirror on a cabinet door at the end of our hallway. It adds interest to a very plain part of our house and gives the illusion of space. I've been thinking of different items to add to the red frame around the mirror and recently thought of a bag of colorful, free items I picked up a few months ago at an event for work. Can you tell what they are?

I love the look of mirrors with shapes outlining the frame. I've seen great ones using spoons, popsicle sticks, and crayons. My shapes are made with used shotgun shells. (Surprised?) I picked up a whole bag for free at (of all places) a shooting range. I think the colors are interesting. Some have rusted ends and worn in colors. I stuck to the warmer tones and mixed in some greys and blues. I simply use hot glue to affix these shells to my cabinet door.

No comments:

Post a Comment