Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Few Sweet Sites for Bakers

Cupcakes are without a doubt my favorite dessert to make. Cake + icing + pretty wrappers + fun toppings = awesome! Sometimes I go the extra mile and make them from scratch, but honestly, I prefer the lighter texture of a box mix. Not only do I love the taste of cupcakes, but I also love knowing people are enjoying a home made treat. People love cupcakes. And the thing is, cupcakes from a box will pretty much always taste the same. So, if you want to make yours extra special, put them in beautiful wrappers, spice them up with sparkling sugar or pearls, whip them into magic with mustache toppers. Sometimes craft stores like Hobby Lobby and Michaels will carry cupcake toppers seasonally and do carry some special toppings. I prefer to drool over the selection found at the following two sites.

Fancy Flours has a good selection and is easy to navigate.

However, Bake It Pretty is definitely my numero uno choice for cupcake accessories. The site is really easy to use, the prices are right, and the selection is wonderful. Be sure to check out the Sugar Pearls!

No comments:

Post a Comment