Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fit A Bulletin Board Into A Small Space


When you're short on space or don't need a huge bulletin board, you can create mini cork boards with things you probably already have around your house. Wine corks, small nails, a utility knife, and a hammer are all you need!

  • First, cut your wine corks with the utility knife. I cut mine about a quarter of an inch thick. You want to make sure your nails will go all the way through the cork and into your wall, so keep in mind the length of the nails you're using.

  • Second, decide which side of the cork you want facing out. If you don't like the look of the raw cork (or the side stained with wine), paint them! I chose to leave my natural.

  • Finally, pick your spots and nail gently into the wall. You don't need a lot of force to go through the cork and small nails tend to go into the wall easily too.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! I don't like big boards, but I like having a place to post stuff as I need it.

    ReplyDelete